Wouldn’t it be faster/more efficient to search for all computer objects and output the entire distinguishedname (which would obviously include the ou name)?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jitendra Kalyankar
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:10 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Script to find Computers under particular OUs

I am trying to find a way to write script. The scenario is a bit like this,

I have few OU under which there are Computers. I need to check if

computer names are supplied from the text file then it will have to run

against those particular OUs. If it can find machine under those particular

OUs then it will write something like found or not found depending upon

the search result. I know how to query against entire AD but I am looking

a way out where I can just supply or hardcode the OUs and it will search

against those multiple OUs only and not entire AD. Any help in this

regard is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.