I didn't say it had to be done, but it is the main reason I have seen
(many times) for wanting Outlook on a server. I know it can, and should,
be done in many other ways.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:42 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Why 64 for Exchange

There were ways around having outlook on the SQL Server and still having
mail capability for SQL. I don't recall the details as it was a long
while ago now and I avoid SQL Server but there was a high availability
system I had to put together that used SQL and after we worked out the
base OS and SQL configuration we set up the DBAs with their SQL Access
(NO Admin Access to the Server, no interactive Access to the server) and
they said they needed us to load outlook. We laughed for what seemed
like 5 minutes at the request. They figured something else out and got
email notifications from the server just fine.