If you can setup your firewall to do reverse IP most if not all of this would go away. For example on Cisco your firewall should be configured as:

ip verify reverse-path interface outside

Where 'outside' is whatever you refer to the outside facing interface. It could called anything that is meaningful to you but the generic setup is usually 'outside' for convienience.

Brent Eads
Employee Technology Solutions, Inc.

Office: (312) 762-9224
Fax:     (312) 762-9275

The contents contain privileged and/or confidential information intended for the named recipient of this email. ETSI (Employee Technology Solutions, Inc.) does not warrant that the contents of any electronically transmitted information will remain confidential. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the information contained in the email in error, please reply to us immediately and delete the document.

Viruses, Malware, Phishing and other known and unknown electronic threats: It is the recipient/client's duties to perform virus scans and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system. No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect.

Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility. Liability will be limited to resupplying the material.

"Brian Desmond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

01/10/2006 11:08 AM

Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [ActiveDir] Spoofed emails

You could get a spam filter that does something as simple as reverse dns checks...

It's spam - welcome to email.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]