From: Tom Kern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:03:11
To:ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Strange deleted object issue

I thought to do that you first have to reanimate the object from the Deleted Objects container before you can search on the GUID.
The deletion occured in a Win2k forest. I think what you are talking about you can only do in a WIn2k3 DFL forest.

Besides, that will only tell me the DC and time the isDeleted attrib was set. It wont tell me the user or process that deleted it.
thats what i really need and as my DC's seem to mysteriously stopped logging event id 630 or 565, i'm screwed.

thanks alot

On 1/10/06, Mark Parris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Use repadmin to check the objects metadata, can usually find the DC where the deletion occured and also who did it.

The Active Directory forestry book by john craddock is an excellent resource for this type of AD audit.