From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of joe
Sent: Wed 1/25/2006 9:08 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Gauging AD experience

Yep the equipment comes in handy. I gave most of my machines to a couple of my brothers once the virtualization software really became stable. They thought they hit the jackpot. I always try to maintain 1600x1200 or better, even on laptops with smaller screens.
On the touching the screen thing, I can't do it. Fingerprints on a monitor
really irritate me. I wore contact lenses for years because I couldn't stand
glasses because they got smudges on them. When I was told I was destroying my
eyes from wearing contacts for 20+ years I went and got Lasik because I still
was unhappy about smudged glasses. I have little monitor cleaning pads in my
top right drawer. When I maintain an office and had people coming in and out
someone would always inevitably touch my screen to point at something to help
me find it. Right after they my cube I usually would pull out the windex and
paper towels. :o)

To bring this back around to tech... I love dual monitors, I don't know how I
get anything done without them especially when working on documentation. It is
easily worth the cost of a second monitor to set it up in terms of the
productivity gains, at least I feel that is so. I was talking to ~Eric once and
he was telling me he was using 3 monitors on a single system. That rocks.