What are the options in the Winlogon box? You should only have the choice of the NetBIOS domain name or the local box (and any trusted domains).

To use the DNS name you need to use a UPN.

--Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas M. Long" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:04 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] DNS vs NETBIOS name? Or something else?

Ok, I am revisiting this because it is bugging the crap out of me.

2003 domain upgraded from NT 4.0
NetBIOS name: DOMINT
DNS Domain name: domain.com

Users can logon to the machine with DOMINT, but not DOMAIN from the drop
down. There are no NeutralizeNT4Emulator or NT4Emulator keys on either the
DCs or the clients. Shouldn't that allow them to login with the DNS name? I actually want them to be able to login with either from the drop down list.

Any ideas? Is this easier than I think? What am I overlooking?