As Tony said, if they are deleted and you need the specific contents back, an authoritative restore is your appropriate response.

If the defaults work for you, you might just try rerunning forestprep and domainprep, then touching each store setting the GAL for the store.

I have seen security changes make them "appear" to disappear. adsiedit.msc is where you go to deal with that....(although, again, rerunning forestprep and domainprep will probably take care of it for you)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Victor W.
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:26 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Exchange - ESM - "All Address Lists" and "All Global Address Lists" disappeared

What if the containers mentioned in the subject title are 'suddenly' missing in ESM?
I have not checked (via adsiedit) if they are still in the Config.Nam.Context cause I just heard this and have not had the chance to actually look at it.

If they are gone from the conf.nam.cont. how can I get these folders back and what if they are visible there but not in ESM.

Any help is greatly appreciated.