-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: 07 February 2006 23:54
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Nesting groups

Nothing personal, I assume everyone is lying to me. When I entered the
world
of enterprise class corporate support back in like 1996, my supervisor
sat
me down the first day and told me words to live by

1. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

2. Users lie.

He further clarified #2 with several points. First that users were
defined
as anyone asking you for help so that could be end users or other admins
or
even your boss. Second, they don't necessarily do it on purpose, some of
them truly believe what they tell you. Others are out and out not
telling
you the truth and don't want you to figure out the truth, they just want
you
to make it so they can continue doing whatever it was that they were
doing
when they ran into the occasion that required your assistance.

I agree that the changes you mention shouldn't have made a difference.
Possibly there was something else going on when the message was sent
previously, I would just keep an eye open.

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm