From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adeel Ansari
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:26 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Site Link Question

All,

I have about a few hub sites with 100+ site link. I found following from M$ website :

  • Make sure that no site is directly connected to more than 20 other sites

This condition can occur in large hub-and-spoke deployments where most sites are branch sites that communicate with a centralized hub site. If this condition exists and there are more than 20 site links from the hub site to branch sites, the hub site can be divided into multiple sites to provide additional bridgehead servers to handle the replication volume. In a site, a single bridgehead server is active per domain. If the site has more than 20 site links, the bridgehead servers can become overloaded.

Can someone please explain what steps do I need to take to divide the hub sites?

Regards,

Adeel