Unfortunately the name servers tab often requires manual effort to keep it up to date.  As for Sites and Services, just what object(s) do you see for the old DC?  Just the server object or also its NTDS Settings object?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Noah Eiger
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 7:11 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] dssite Still Sees Old DC

Hi –

I am running through the W2k to W2k3 upgrade process in a lab. I have two sites. I have added a W2k3 box to Site1 and promoted it, transferred roles, moved the GC, confirmed SRV records, etc. I then demoted the W2k box at Site1. Once I stopped the DNS service on the now-member-server W2k box, the SRV records cleaned up.

But…

- W2kServer at Site1 still shows up as a Name Server for the fwd lookup zone. Do I need to manually get rid of this? (I would have thought that AD-integrated DNS would have cleaned this up automatically when I demoted).

- Even though replication is working, Site2 still sees both DCs at Site1. I am sure I can manually clean this up but shouldn’t the ISTG clean this up?

Thanks.

-- nme