From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brenda Casey
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 10:41 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Looking for Recommendations

We are looking to upgrade our W2K domain to a W2K3 domain.  At this same time we plan to make the following changes:

 - replace W2K DC servers with W2K3 servers
-  upgrade our WAN to fiber, from T-1's

We currently have about about 15000 accounts in Active Directory spanning across about 30 locations.  We currently have 1 DC in each location, but would like to consolidate down to a few DC's (with the move to Fiber).

I am wondering if someone either has recommendations for specifications for these servers, or knows of a good web site that can help make these recommendations.   I am also looking for a recommendation for how many DC's we should have with the environment listed above that we plan to migrate to.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Thanks,
Brenda

Brenda Casey