In SBSland where this comes up alot... here's what we recommend

Go into add/remove programs, check "show updates"
Write down all the KB numbers you see there

Now go to winnt and remove the ones that you didn't see in add/remove.

You want to keep those in the add/remove 'just in case'.

Also go through and clear temp files, log files, etc (of course watch those log files as in cases like Exchange that's not a good thing to do)

Larry Wahlers wrote:

Hi, folks,

We're running low on disk space on the C: drive on one of our main
Windows 2000 webservers. Can the C:\WINNT\*uninstall* directories be
safely deleted, as long as we know we won't ever be rolling back to
pre-patch levels? If we can do that, we'll be very much in the clear.

Thanks in advance, knowledgeable colleagues.

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days? http://www.threatcode.com