No the two tools are different. They should both report the same info
as far as replication status goes. If two servers pull from the same
server the same partition, the USN should be the same. What I am
interested in is when the last replication happened and whether it was
successful.

Try running the following command to check repl status across the estate.

repadmin /replsum /bysrc /bydest /sort:delta

This should show you the repl status in your domain. depending on the
account you are logged in with it may show the relevant domains DC
replication status.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx