PAUL MAYES wrote:

(...)

No need for a lag site, just pick the hour on the timeline and restore from that DC. Ok so it means that you might need bigger disk and you can only snapshot down to 30mins. But if you're a bit creative with a few DC's then you can get much better coverage than lag sites without the need for more DC's or creative subnetting. Now I'm going to stand back and be shot down in flames. But thus far playing with VSS is kind of casting doubt on plans for one or multiple lag sites. I'm not going to bore with the how's and where's but it might stimulate some discussion.

(...)

You can't use images or snapshots as a backup\recovery solutions for DC because You are risking getting into USN roll-back problem. Search through ActivDir.org archives for USN roll-back and You will find good explanation of this problem.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl/blog/ - (PL)