From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 2:51 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] How to make EmployeeNumber unique?

Storing it in another database or file would be helpful.  If that doesn't work for you, if the information is indexed and in the GC, you *could* generate a new unique number (based on your criteria) and search for it.  If the search comes up empty, then create it; if you get a hit, discard and take appropriate action to get that resolved. Rinse. Repeat as desired.

-ajm