Hi Shane,

No you do not need to log onto each machine and run updates manually :-)

I've configured my WSUS settings through GPO for the clients. They install each night the updates from my WSUS server and if a user is logged on (locked the pc), the pc won't reboot automatically in case it's needed, but display a notification.

I can send you the GPO settings I use and ofcourse you can link all pc's directly to the internet of to your local WSUS server.

In case you're using it for servers, other settings are applicable ofcourse depending on your environment.

Best regards,
Bart