Nope, not I. I was the one that stood up and started clapping a couple of
years ago when Stuart announced that Longhorn would have Server Core (at the
time Server Foundation) DCs as an available sku with no GUI. I would like to
see more services be able to run on that core, it makes no sense to me that
ASP.NET servers and other items can't run on it because they offer enhanced
user experiences; sounds like a lack in the capability versus a feature. Why
should the ability to run a GUI locally impact what a user sees remotely in
a web browser, it isn't like the web browser is shadowing the console.

Anyways, I don't use applications on servers that are well known for being
attack vectors. Email/Web Browsers/etc... Honestly, DCs are your auth point,
why are you doing much interactive work on them at all? I mean sure, say you
are in the datacenter and you want a little chicken and broccoli with brown
sauce or a bit of tandoori chicken or some vindaloo dish, no one is going to
fault you for pulling up a browser and ordering from Wok To Yu or Shingara
Goochi Kitchen but other than that, are there any good reasons to be using
those applications directly on a DC?

Personally I like to wrap the updates into scripts that can be fired through
rcmd or psexec, etc. I slowly fire them off to dog food and then ramp up as
the need arises and can easily do from 1 to 400 with little change in effort
and with full control and no concern that something went off and did
something I didn't expect. Wrapping updates into scripts usually doesn't
take much work to do once you have a framework in place and it sort of
assists you in looking closer at what is there when it gets released versus
clicking a button and saying, yeah shoot that out there everywhere.

I am very particular about updates on DCs though, I have massive trust
issues in that realm.

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm