To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Daylight savings query

Yeah in hindsight I think I can achieve bon bon status but just putting the stupid key in group policy.

Dean Wells wrote:

I don't query the existing setting, I simply set it ... via site linked
policies or script or whatever's your preference -->

Control.exe TIMEDATE.CPL,,/Z (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana

alternatively:

RUNDLL32.EXE SHELL32.DLL,Control_RunDLL TIMEDATE.CPL,,/Z (GMT-08:00) Pacific
Time (US & Canada); Tijuana

... where '(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana' is the timezone
being
set.

The supplied value behind /Z is from the Display value under the registry
key -
'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones'

You can also use the Std value in those registry keys as well, this is
equivalent
to "(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana":

Control.exe TIMEDATE.CPL,,/Z Pacific Standard Time

--
Dean Wells
MSEtechnology