We don't allow it. I knew part of the answer/troubleshooting steps
because our techs ghost across subnets. So working master browsers are
something they need for the way they do it. And when we had trouble last
time with their ghosting the symptoms where identical to what the OP
described when I browsed from a server. I am sure there is a better way,
but it is working and causes no problems and I have lots of other stuff
to do.

Like read this list :)

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx