From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Milton Sancho
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:54 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OU's Structure

Hello,

I got a discussion with a consultant who was hired to deploy a new corporate domain(Win2003) structure.

We have right now a domain running on Windows 2000 (Active Directory 2000), I created a logical OU structure in the domain controller according all the departments we have in the network. For instance sales,customer service, IT ,  marketing, Facilities, so on. With this structure I have all the users and objects organized by OU, then if we need to apply GPO or customized security polices we apply it by department (OU) wihout affect others OU (Departments).

However in the other hand, the consultant told us we have not to use this "OU structure" , because it decrease login time at client level. ???
Not sure about his comment. Because I have seen how end users loggin on their different departments without the behaviour that he argumented.

Now, we have a Win2003 domain , without the "OU Structure" that we have in the win2000 domain, I have not found yet the difference he mentioned. Besides to keep all users just into one OU looks to be more complex to apply GPO and other policies.

 Thanks comments