-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Oliver Marshall
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:56 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Changing a users password

Hi,

I want to create a script that will allow a user here to change the password
of any other user.

I have found several examples, most based on the examples on the MS site.
Thing is, they all depend on knowing the Distinguished Name of the user, and
the poor old receptionist wont have a clue what that is.

Can anyone help me with a script that will change the password of a user
just knowing the username of the user ? At the least I'm after some code to
find the DN of a user from their username, and I can then use that with the
code I already have (I think).

Thanks

Olly