Quick Question,

I was teaching a class the other day when the question came up about
what group scope should you use for delegated permissions of an OU.  I
was teaching an earlier class where I explained how to use Domain Local
Groups on Files Shares and Printers to centralize management of these
resources via AD.  The question from the students was could / should
they use the same principles for AD Delegation?  I said no based on past
experience with 3rd party delegation tools didn't like Domain Local
Groups used for delegation.

This got me to thinking why and wondering what you all do and why?

I know this question is open ended, and depends on your domain structure
etc, but I just am trying to identify a real reason to say no, only use
global groups for delegation within a domain.

Thanks,

Todd Myrick