You need to figure out how the service is determining where to go search. If it is just asking for any DC of a domain, you are going to get a list of DCs back and the client app is going to figure out which one it wants to go to. I don't think you want to be mucking in DNS to fix this.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jennifer Fountain
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:45 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Weird Ldap issue with redhat 2.1 and AD

I think I know the problem.  the ldap service needs to log into AD so it can search the basedir.  I do not allow Anonymous searches.  For some reason, it's logging in on that remote server and not a local server.  How can I fix that via dns?

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Fountain
Security System Analyst
3400 E Walnut Street