On 4/26/06, joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have an idea, if you are going to say "rooter", why not actually try
> spelling it that way?  In the interests of removing confusion and global
> peace and love and all of that jazz. ;o)

English is not phonetic language.  If it was, words like 'phonetic'
would be spelt phonetically.

In English, we have abandoned gender for nouns, and the case system
for the most part (with the exception of accusative forms, like
he/him, she/her, they/them).  It's only fair that we get some awkward
spellings - or else the language is in danger of being spoken by any
Tom, Dick or Harry with no allegience to her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth
II... oh, right.... ;-)

--
AdamT
'Thank-you for not requesting read receipts'