On 4/25/06, Douglas M. Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Some suggestions:

Look into the differences between 2000 and 2003 AD integrated DNS. I believe
in 2000 they are stored in the domain partition and in 2003 they are stored
in the application directory partition.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817470

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825036

Netdiag usually gives some useful information

If you do delete the zone and recreate it, you can then run netdiag /fix to
get things going again.

Make sure the DNS server service, the DNS client service, and the DHCP
client service are all running as expected.

If it ends up that one of the 2000 DNS servers is having issues and you need
to recreate it, this should help to ensure that you clean things.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294328

NOTE: Not totally sure of the impact of step 4 in the above KB, so make sure
you know what it is doing (test it) before doing it in production.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I will be trying this on May 13th.  Results will be posted here.

...D