Which browser are you using? Most allow you to extend that well beyond
the 1000 limit.

the appliance should be configurable to handle more than 10,000.
Conceivably, any search can return well more than 10,000 from a GC.
Depends on how the search is executed of course.

Apparently, it uses ldapsearch as it's testing mechanism. Have you
tried the queries with that?

Al