Dean marks his messages special so you have to pay attention to them.

What's this windows live stuff? ;)

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:49 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [OT] RE: [ActiveDir] Is there a way to force users to logon to domain?

Have you not figured it out yet joe? I'm tormenting you ;)

<not really - this is really friggin' annoying actually>

The reason I haven't gone back to hotmail is that it's extremely annoying to try and read threads.  Gmail is great for that vs. hotmail which can't cope.  To date, I must be the only person giving that feedback to the live mail folks :)  Oh, that and Dean's emails always end up in the inbox circumventing any rules I might set up to the contrary.

Interesting that plain-text has to be mime-encoded.  Not sure why the messages to the list are causing issues vs. any other messages sent/received.  I've searched GMAIL archives for a client side fix.  My choices are to very limited (rich-text vs. plain-text pretty much sum it up.)

Since we know that the data is there for some UA's, we can surmise that problem is client side due to something server-side being done unexpectedly. Bugs everywhere when you boil it down.  Still, that precludes people from benefitting from my wit, charm, and other positive attributes.

I'll see what I can do on my end.

In the meantime, send an email to Windows Live Mail folks asking for better thread viewing of messages.  If they did, we'd only have to worry about performance of the web interface...

Al