Title: Removing ADAM from configuration set

I'm currently blowing away the server object and nTDSDSA object I wish to separate from CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN=GUID. Is there a better way to knock it out of the configuration set? I tried using DSMGMT.exe and treating it as a Decommed/Dead server and cleaning up Metadata, but it doesn't work (the separated instance is offline). Some of these ADAM tools need some polishing up IMO.

The reason I'm breaking it out is so when we do schema extensions if shit hits the fan we can uninstall ADAM on the other boxes and rejoin to this guy with minimal effort.

-Brandon