That's golden joe.  You certainly gave a very detailed taste of what it looks like in a real-world environment. Couple of thoughts might also be warranted here:

1) If you're not monitoring GC performance and you're running Exchange, think again.
2) Size doesn't matter; what I mean by that is that the size of your organization is not as important as the volume of messages and the size of the GAL - it's all how you use it (-;
3) memory - always a good thing to have
4) you may notice that there's an excellent troubleshooting guide for Exchange performance that talks about GC interaction and some things to look for. Best to have a look in addition to this.
5) 64 bit + memory can be a nice thing
6) joe wrote a script and admitted it? AND used it? I'm floored. :)

Exchange 12 fixes what? Are you repeating that something's fixed in the next version of an office server? Hmm... Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, but I feel like I've heard a vendor say, "oh, that's fixed in the next version" a few times before.  I'm still waiting patiently for the ability to change the overquota message. And no, the kb that describes how to do this is not acceptable in case you're wondering.  I shouldn't have to write code or write a service to make this type of functionality work.  It's a message in the DLL for crying out loud.  Read it from somewhere else and let it be changeable (it's been asked for by companies since before Exchange 4.0 even released; it was promised as a fix for just about every version of Exchange release since and never REALLY made it.  Instead there's a variation on changing the mdbsz.dll called writing a service.  Hmm... I'll wait to see what makes it into the final product when it comes to fixes [1]  </rant>) http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx is the reference to it at the moment.  I'm sure there's updates somewhere on the net.

 [1] Bonus question: anyone know what the difference between beta, RC and GA code is?