The quality of AD admins in even very large orgs varies more than the
engineers delivering the RAPs.  I've seen "AD administrators" that literally
had no clue what DSRM was, how data is transferred between DCs (doesn't FRS
replicate users, too?  Or, AD replication is broken so SYSVOL isn't
replicating), the difference between seizing or transferring a FSMO role,
etc.  Those aren't even the worse examples of things I've seen.  The
information shared during the ADRAP is, in my opinion, among the best
available today.  I not saying it's the greatest thing since sliced bread,
has nothing that can be improved, never includes bad/wrong info, or that you
couldn't come up with something better.  I am saying if you compare it to
MOC classes, 3rd party training, etc, you'd be hard pressed to find anything
better (besides Dean's class, of course).  Most people administering AD
environments do not focus on it as their sole job, lack the fundamental
understanding of most of the core components that make up AD, and definitely
benefit from workshops like the ADRAP.  The real world, for whatever reason,
typically either doesn't seem to be able to find all those highly qualified
AD admins you think they should invest in or has decided to not make those
investments.  Now you, and several others in this listserv, would definitely
be yawning through most of the delivery.  However, I'd also say the people
I'm referring to are well above average in their AD knowledge.

As to the challenges of contradicting or silo type mentality when comparing
the ADRAP and ExRAP I agree with you and effort should definitely be to stop
it.  However I wouldn't say those are good reasons to avoid the engagements.
Although your experiences may differ from mine, I don't see so many
instances of dramatic contradictions between the two engagements where
Exchange is blaming AD for massive issues and vice versa.  Resolving the
differences, although a pain and something that shouldn't be necessary,
doesn't significantly de-value the engagements.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx