You might also check out IBM Tivoli Identity Manager.  Seems to be a pretty
slick product.  We're beginning to look at it pretty closely.  Lots of
out-of-the-box connectors.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mark Parris
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:42 AM
To: ActiveDir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] [OT]Identity Access Mangement

The requirement is

Workflow provisioning - HR create users- then users are authorised by
departmental heads for access. Rules for email, account creation etc.

The various systems all tie in to a metadirectory, which is then authorative
for the company - the data is mastered in various locations.

There is a self service interface for password resets and resource access.

 BMC have a product that ships out the box to do virtually all of this - I
think based on the old calendra product suite.

All I was looking for was alternative products that did the same.

Active roles unless they have changed the scope of the product did not do this,
but then I last saw the product a couple of years ago and when ever I now speak
to a quest salesman - I give an alias as they are like leaches.

Mark