-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Kaplan
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 10:17 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT: Samaccountname attribute (20 char limit) not
applicable to gr oups?

My understanding is that the DS enforces a limit of 64 char for
sAMAccountName for groups, but 20 for users.  I know we have thousands of
groups with sAMAccountName longer than 20.  They still work and the DS
doesn't balk.  :)

These are all created programmatically through tools though and are not
created or modified with ADUC.  There might be some behavior difference
there.

Joe K.