From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:39 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Profile migration to new domain

Suggestions? More like a shot in the dark. :)

Have you seen the transfer your settings wizard in XP? Have you checked to see what that can do for you?  I suspect there will be some scripting involved, because there will be no automated way to determine the source/target profiles programatically. You could migrate their settings etc, but there's no sid/sidhistory to reference. Not much point in getting that information either. There's also the permissions issues etc.

Was it me, I'd suggest taking this opportunity to re-image the workstations in question. Cleaner, neater, more secure, and no lingering issues to deal with.

Al