Thanks for replying Tony. Unfortunately gmail couldnt read your reply
so I resorted to the archive.

In my example for searching universal groups, I wasnt distinguishing
between security and distribution groups. Therefore the 2nd filter is
correct too isnt it?

As for the 3rd question, I am sure you can answer it. Please dont hold
back. I merely addressed it to Joe as he wrote the tool and hence
should know how it behaves more than anyone else ;-) But if anyone
else could explain it, I will be most grateful.

TIA

M@