Thanks Al!

That’s so easy I’m a bit embarrassed J

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:28 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT: RUS

Al

On 6/13/06, Clay, Justin (ITS) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Al,

I think that's great advice. I wish we really had a provisioning system, like MIIS or something similar. We have 22,000 users and they're all maintained by hand, which is horrible.

We have considered using a custom attribute to tag employees as well. We're definitely going to be using employeeType in the near future to at least identify service accounts and contractors/vendors. I think we might end up tagging other custom attributes as well. We currently tag a custom attribute with the user's Exchange quota limit so that our Exchange guys can use that attribute to set mailbox limits.

Since we're on the topic of UPNs, how are additional UPNs created and managed? There are about 15 additional UPNs in our UPN dropdown list that were created long before I was here, and honestly we don't need them. I believe at some point the previous admin was going to have a separate UPN for each department, such as police.domain.com, fire.domain.com, sheriff.domain.com. I'm not sure what the thinking behind that was (although I'm sure there was a reason) but we have no use for them at this point. How can I remove them or modify them?