Howdy all,

I am banging my head over this trying to come up with a solution for a client.

To make the long story short: financial organization which is very concerned
about security. They are setting up a new network segment that will be serving
some application to the internal network (there is a firewall in between).
Because of the critical nature of the application, there is a DR site. AD is
used for authentication and DNS.
There is a Veritas HA cluster serving the application that will fail over to DR
site in case the primary site goes down.
Primary site: 2 DCs with SFU (R2) + Veritas cluster node
DR site: 2 DCs with SFU (R2) + Veritas cluster node.
Primary and DR site are at different physical locations and on different
subnets.

The only problem with this setup is that the cluster needs to register it's DNS
name when failing over to DR site and it does not support secure DDNS. The best
thing it can do is T-SIG DDNS with pre-shared key.
Enabling non-secure DDNS is not an option.

I can disable the DNS registration requirement in the cluster resource group,
but this has some issues, while one of them is the fact that accessing the
application at the DR site (from internal LAN) will require using FQDN
different from the FQDN of the primary site.

An alternative would be to somehow enable DDNS only from a predefined set of IP
addresses, but from what I know the MS DNS is not capable of it (correct me if
I'm wrong).

Switching to BIND presents the same issue: while it can solve the dynamic
registration of the cluster service using T-SIG DDNS, yet non-secure
registration of SRV records is not acceptable and I would like to avoid having
statically registered SRV records for the DCs.

Not sure whether the solution is in the MS DNS, but there are some
knowledgeable folks over here that might have stumbled upon something like this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Guy