joe wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info.
What happens if you try to connect to a non-admin share? Say like sysvol. I
am wondering about signing/encryption settings. I have had issues with that
in the past between 2K and K3. I believe that is where it will blow out but
it has been awhile since I have looked at a trace showing that failure. Your
nameres seems to be working ok though so we know that it is communicating
with the proper place so DNS is probably out of the picture for you at
least. :)

You will probably find that K3 DCs have that enabled as mandatory by default
in their local settings (undefined in domain and domain controllers policy).
Run secpol.msc from the command line so you can look at what your real
settings are.

If the signing/encryption stuff is all in sync, I would try connecting via
IP to see if it is some sort of kerb related issue. But seriously, my gut
says it is SMB signing.

Thats what it was. Strange that it was a problem in the child domain and not the root.

Learn something new every day. :-)

Ethereal is far superior to tcpdump.

        al

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm