servers first? workstations first?
first what?

I assume you're talking about migrating your servers and workstations
from an NT4 domain to an AD domain - correct?  If so, the order strongly
depends on various aspects, such as the status of your user and group
migration and how you handle permissions on your servers.  There's too
much detail here to know, which doesn't make sense to add without
knowing more about your environment.

But more often than not it is more advisable to
1. migrate your users accounts and groups to AD
2. take care of the user profiles on the workstations and ensure that
the users are actually using the AD account (often combined with the
computer migration)
3. migrate the servers and any other workstations to AD

Usually the order of workstation or servers is not important - this
changes if you have a lot of trusts in your environment and need to
ensure availability of specific trusted resources from other domains
that have not been migrated yet. Suddenly the order can become important
again.

So maybe you want to enlighten us a little about your environment, such
as trusts between your domains, usage of SidHistory for account/group
migration, usage of local profiles/roaming profiles on workstations,
terminal servers, tools you're using for the migration etc.

/Guido