From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joshua Coffman
Sent: Dienstag, 20. Juni 2006 21:33
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: Re: [ActiveDir] Errors During Authoritative Restore

Thanks Brett,

I appreciate your assistance on this.

Yes, there are tons of schema mods.

In the domain throwing the majority of the errors, these mods were performed using an LDIF file, during the installation of a 3rd party Identity Management Application.

I do not know if there have been LDAP naming attributes added or not. If you can send a query to verify, I would be happy to run it.

I knew that Restore Database is the "last resort" method, but that is what we wanted to test. We do have multiple DCs replicating across multiple geographic sites, so this scenario is unlikely, unless there were some sort of catastrophic corruption that took place.

In the future, if "restore database" is unavailable, what will be used in its place if you need to do a bare metal authoritative restore of the entire AD?

It will take a while to run the tools you requested against the AD, because it is a production system. I cannot run them directly in the PROD environment, so I would have to pull a mirrored drive from the prod DC, and pop it into an offline server. This could take a while for the required approvals.

Thanks again for your help!

Josh