same question here: there's nothing you can really do to control the addition of specific SIDs to the security token of any account during logon - the Authenticated Users SID is one of those (besides many other well-known-security-principals controlled by the system).

but if you tell us what you're trying to accomplish, we may be able to help you reach your goal in other ways. For example, by not using Authenticated Users to secure any data that you want to restrict access to in any way... :-)

/Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Dienstag, 20. Juni 2006 14:43
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] can I exclude a particular user account from "authenticated users"?

I'm just curious why you would want to remove an authenticated user from the authenticated users group?  What's the goal?

On 6/20/06, joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Disable the account's ability to authenticate.

Makes the account rather worthless but it is the only thing I can think of that would accomplish the stated goal.

Programmatically you might be able to modify the token at the local machine level such that the auth users SID isn't enabled, but that would take some rather involved work I expect. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url="" . It isn't anything I have tried, just a theory based on some reading I have done in the API docs.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm