From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bernier, Brandon (.)
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:16 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Self vs. the object name / effective permissions

Someone came by my cube and said they were having permission issues. They assigned Self some rights for computer objects and in ADUC the effective permissions are correct. However, they also did effective permissions on the name of the computer object and it has different results….Why is this?? I know Self represents the object…so where is it getting different permissions from? DSAcls is retrieving correct information for me, but this seems like a bug to me.

-Brandon