I am being asked to install a single server in a remote location (about
20 miles from here, 20 users) that will be a DC for our entire network,
running DHCP and DNS, acting as a file server and print server for this
remote location. And, this server will be in an unlocked rack in a
semi-public area where literally anyone could gain physical access to
the box. At the very least, the 20 employees will be walking past it
every day.

There are many red flags about this scenario. I can think of a few. But,
what I need is documentation from an *external* source that tells
management just how bad an idea this is. After all, they won't believe
me, but they might believe an "expert."

At the very least, I would want the rack in which this server is placed
to be locked 24/7. Better would be a locked room.

All help welcomed with many thanks.

--
Larry Wahlers
Concordia Technologies