I'd recommend checking with your switch or router (if you're running across a WAN) vendor to see if either one cuts off UDP packets over a particular size.  It's unusual with newer equipment.

Also, make sure that if you have a WAN you check with both because computers don't always authenticate with their local DC (ugh!).