From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Matt Hargraves
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 3:12 PM

To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Object Auditing

There are tools out there by Quest software (www.quest.com) that will allow both auditing (InTrust for AD) and recovery of altered or deleted items (Recovery Manager for AD).  RMAD is really nice in that you can restore a deleted userID or group and get back all of the properties, including things such as the original SID.

I believe that ITAD also has a monitoring tool that you can run that will let you know if something is changed, though I don't have experience with that aspect of the tool, only the auditing aspect.