To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:19 PM
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Domain List

Using a GPO

How can I hide the drop-down list of domains that appears on the logon
screen of Windows 2000 and XP machines that are connected to a Domain?

OR

How can I force UPN Logon? Username: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                          Password: xxxxxx

I have found the following but it requires that the registry be edited on
every computer (not the solution I was hoping for) as this would take way to
long plus in order to change it I would have to edit every machine again

A. To remove the domain drop-down list from the logon screen and force users
to use their full user principal name (UPN), perform these steps:

Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon registry subkey.
From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD value.
Enter a name of NoDomainUI and press Enter.
Double-click the new value and set it to 1. Click OK.
Reboot the machine.

Any solutions or ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Aaron