Well it would be a good idea as long as no one thinks "crikey thats a
great idea" and people start making corp.ad or corp.ads as their
forest name ;-)

As I understand it, the forest names need to be unique DNS names. If
you have two corp.local's, how would you do conditional forwarding and
the like? What happens when a SRV record query is sent by a client who
is possibly able to query SRV records for both forests?

M@

For this and other reason I like to use the .ad or .ads TLD for my active
directory.

Andrew Fidel

"Almeida Pinto, Jorge de" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

07/21/2006 06:43 AM

Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

To<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>

cc

SubjectRE: [ActiveDir] Using non-standard TLDs within Active Directory

for the LOCAL tld, you need be aware that it can cause issues with MAC computers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836413/en-us
Jorge