From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Almeida Pinto, Jorge de
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:38 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Have you built an R2 Forest?

inline

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 16:01
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

Thanks for this joe. That doc is more than bad - it's plain wrong :(

Just to further clarify:
1. If I build a new R2 forest, I should expect a blank TSL - which implies a 60 days TSL. Correct?
[JdAP says:] YES (but it should be 180 days!)
2. All I need to do to 'fix' this 'issue' is to amend the TSL via admod or adsiedit or whatever... ? Correct?
[JdAP says:] YES, ADD THE 180 VALUE
3. I only need to run the R2 adprep once per forest. [Stated for completeness]
[JdAP says:] YES
4. Do I need to run the R2 setup on each machine I build? Will this process revert the TSL back to 'not set'?
[JdAP says:] (1) ONLY IF YOU NEED THE R2 STUFF, (2) NO

I'm trying to understand the issue below but also how it is caused and how it may be caused again.
[JdAP says:] WRONG SCHEMA.INI ON THE MEDIA

neil
PS I agree re R2 and its value above and beyond SP1. But what a great marketing ploy :)