I dunno about you guys but I am very disappointed with the tools
available to me for configuring perms. dsacls can configure most perms
but cant configure control access rights to certain attribs of certain
objects. (e.g. when you configure an attribute as confidential and
need to allow certain people the control access right to view the
attribute). dsacls also cant display perms that great and gives
details as "special access". In order to see whats special, I have to
use something like acldiag and sdcheck. And then to revoke, yet
another tool dsrevoke which only works on domain objects and OUs.

After reading joe's book I figured ldp.exe from ADAM-SP1, here I come.
Now that also has issues.

I know I can write scripts for handling this. But they are cumbersome
and slow. I think a nice fast C++ tool that does all this would be
much appreciated. I am not sure how hard this is to do. But MSFT
certaintly have the expertise. May be longhorn will ship with
something like that. But I aint holding my breath.

I am no expert and no MVP. I aint convinced my rant is gonna be heeded
to. But please, guys out there with the influence (MVPs) help!!

M@

P.S Please!!!