It sounds like you have a good test environment.  The only problem is that people may be scheduling their testing a little too tightly.  They need to understand that this is a *TEST* environment.  That means it's in a constant state of relative flux and that at any point in time, it could possibly go down for an hour or even possibly a day or two.  It will largely be available, but it's not production and they shouldn't be expecting to receive the level of support and uptime that they receive in the production environment.  If they expect that, they need to find a way to test outside your test environment.  If their schedules are slipping because of the availability of the test environment, then they're not putting enough extra time into their plans and need to start consulting you before deciding when to test and how much time it's going to take.

It may sound like I'm being harsh on them, but it sounds like they are really expecting too much from a test environment and that's because there isn't enough consulting occuring.  It really sounds like you need to possibly make a "Testing calendar" so that everyone (or maybe even just you) have a list of applications that are being tested in the environment and when schema updates and other items which can affect multiple tests that are ongoing occur, the relevant persons can be notified so if they need to reschedule their testing or adjust their testing schedule, they can.