Somehow I avoided answring your question the first time...

Going global role-based group and local task-based group is pretty standard in larger environments.

You create the global group to hold users and the local group to hold users.  The purpose for this is so that you can nest multiple role-based groups into your task-based group and quickly modify the task-based group and have it apply across the share/resource.

The only problem with this model is being careful how you quantify when a new task-based group is needed.  Be careful not to create a new task-based group (and similarly named role-based group for that task-based group) for everything under the sun or you'll find your users quickly becoming members through nesting of 100+ groups and finding your Exchange servers running out of paged pool memory space.

There are plenty of articles on Microsoft's site about Exchange and paged pool memory, you can also look at the Exchange Team Blog site (msexchangeteam.com I think).